Supervision and appraisal of staff includes children and young people through a range of accessible and appropriate methods.
Young people are part of review process
Young people are able to give views and opinions
Young people are able to give feedback to workers
Young people have follow-up feedback
Young people told us it was important to be involved and give feedback on staff performance. These are some of the things young people told us:
- Make it clear that we have the right to have an opinion about how staff are doing.
- We need to know that this won’t have a negative effect on our treatment.
- We want to be able to give our feedback in different ways, like:
- An anonymous comments box.
- By using the new Puzzled Out website
- A free text service.
- For a supervisor to come into a session with a young person to talk to us about how things are going.
- Have a participation group. It can sometimes be difficult to speak up for ourselves, but it can be easier to talk to other young people.