We only get one shot at growing up, but now it’s tougher than ever. School stress, bullying, sexual pressure, no jobs and then not being able to get help when we need it are stressing us out.
So we're fighting the pressure and creating a mass movement of children and young people campaigning for better mental health and wellbeing.
Following a consultation with 1,600 young people, YoungMinds Vs is focussing on:
- Rewrite the rules – campaign tackling school stress
- Download the 2015 School Stress Campaign Pack
- Don't believe the hype – campaign tackling sexual pressures
- Stop the rot – campaign tackling bullying
- Fight for your future – campaign tackling unemployment
- Make your feelings loud – campaign tackling access to counselling
- Cope on Campus (campaign tackling uni stress)”
We are creating a groundswell of young activists and supporting organisations so join YoungMinds Vs – fight the pressure, sign up now!
WHAT ARE WE DOING?
- Our Activist Network of over 1500 young people is raising awareness of the campaign in their communities and online.
- 100s of Media Champions are representing the campaign in the media - galvanising the voice of children and young people seeking change.
- We are working with local and national decision-makers to directly influence services and support for young people.
- Lots of organisations are pledging to make a commitment to ensuring young people’s mental health is central to their work.
YoungMinds Vs is being funded by The Big Lottery Fund from its Reaching Communities programme and Comic Relief.
GET INVOLVED TODAY AND HELP US CAMPAIGN FOR CHANGE