Services for children and young people

We have put together information for parents and carers about mental health services for children and young people, including Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS).

To FIND your local CAMHS service:

  • Speak to your GP or school who can refer your child to CAMHS

  • Search online for 'Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services' in your area - your local NHS trust website should have the details. Your child will still need to be referred by a professional.

We're also here to listen. If you are worried about your child's behaviour, emotional wellbeing or mental health, you can call the YoungMinds Parents Helpline.

We have also just launched HeadMeds, a new site providing young people with accessible and useful information about mental health medication.