Terms and conditions
Thank you for visiting the YoungMinds website.
By using the YoungMinds site, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions. YoungMinds reserves the rights to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
YoungMinds provides information about children and young people’s mental health for use as information or for educational purposes. The website is intended to provide general information only and, as such, should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice. It is up to you to contact a health professional if you are concerned about the mental health of a child or young person. If a child or young person is in immediate danger, you should contact the emergency services.
YoungMinds does not give medical advice in relation to any individual case or patient, nor does YoungMinds website provide medical or diagnostic services.
If you are a medical or health professional then you are encouraged to use the YoungMinds website for general information purposes. However, you should not rely on material included here and we do not accept any responsibility if you do.
YoungMinds does not guarantee that the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, or that the Website or your use of it will be free of viruses or harmful material. You are responsible for ensuring that your computer is suitable to use the Website.
Use of the YoungMinds site
You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
Except as permitted in these Terms and Conditions, you may not alter the Website in any way or do anything that might or will damage or disrupt the good working order of the Website or our equipment or software.
You must be over 16 or over or have consent from a parent or guardian to view or use the Website.
Information you provide to us
You agree that any information you provide to us is true.
Copyright and monitoring
The content of the Website is owned by YoungMinds or third parties. No content from the Website may be copied, used or reproduced without our written consent, except where it is used for research and non-commercial use where no consent is required. Please send your written requests to use content from the Website to email@example.com.
When you access any other website through the Website you understand that it is independent from YoungMinds and that we have no control over that website, or the services offered through it.
User generated content
If you upload any Content to the Site, you agree to accept the following house rules at all times:
- You must not post or upload any Content or use the Website in a way that breaches any law.
- You must not post or upload any Content or use the Website in a way that is offensive, threatening, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, harassing, false, misleading or unreliable, or that brings or is likely to bring the Website or YoungMinds into disrepute.
- You agree to not contribute Content that will infringe another user’s, organisation’s or person’s rights (including rights of privacy or publicity).
- YoungMinds operates a reactive moderation policy. YoungMinds accepts no responsibility for any Content, but reserves the right to remove/edit any Content at any time.
- You are wholly responsible for all Content posted by you on the Website and for materials (including but not limited to emails) sent by you in connection to the Website.
- Please let us know immediately by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org if any of these rules are broken by you or other users, or if you have any concerns about material posted to the Website.
- Using your access to the Website to send unsolicited bulk email or spam is forbidden.
- YoungMinds reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Website immediately at any time.
- If your access to the Website is terminated or suspended for any reason, you must not access the Website or any other YoungMinds website without our prior consent.
YoungMinds is a registered charity in England and Wales (number 1016968) and Scotland (number SC39700) and a company limited by guarantee registered in England No 2780643 at YoungMinds, Suite 11, Baden Place, Crosby Row, London SE1 1YW.