Terms and conditions
Thank you for visiting the YoungMinds website.
By using the YoungMinds site, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions. YoungMinds reserves the rights to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
YoungMinds provides information about children and young people’s mental health for use as information or for educational purposes. The website is intended to provide general information only and, as such, should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice. It is up to you to contact a health professional if you are concerned about the mental health of a child or young person. If a child or young person is in immediate danger, you should contact the emergency services.
YoungMinds does not give medical advice in relation to any individual case or patient, nor does YoungMinds website provide medical or diagnostic services.
If you are a medical or health professional then you are encouraged to use the YoungMinds website for general information purposes. However, you should not rely on material included here and we do not accept any responsibility if you do.
YoungMinds does not guarantee that the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, or that the Website or your use of it will be free of viruses or harmful material. You are responsible for ensuring that your computer is suitable to use the Website.
Use of the YoungMinds site
You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
Except as permitted in these Terms and Conditions, you may not alter the Website in any way or do anything that might or will damage or disrupt the good working order of the Website or our equipment or software.
You must be over 16 or over or have consent from a parent or guardian to view or use the Website.
Information you provide to us
You agree that any information you provide to us is true.
Copyright and monitoring
The content of the Website is owned by YoungMinds or third parties. No content from the Website may be copied, used or reproduced without our written consent, except where it is used for research and non-commercial use where no consent is required. Please send your written requests to use content from the Website to email@example.com.
When you access any other website through the Website you understand that it is independent from YoungMinds and that we have no control over that website, or the services offered through it.
User generated content
If you upload any Content to the Site, you agree to accept the following house rules at all times:
- You must not post or upload any Content or use the Website in a way that breaches any law.
- You must not post or upload any Content or use the Website in a way that is offensive, threatening, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, harassing, false, misleading or unreliable, or that brings or is likely to bring the Website or YoungMinds into disrepute.
- You agree to not contribute Content that will infringe another user’s, organisation’s or person’s rights (including rights of privacy or publicity).
- YoungMinds operates a reactive moderation policy. YoungMinds accepts no responsibility for any Content, but reserves the right to remove/edit any Content at any time.
- You are wholly responsible for all Content posted by you on the Website and for materials (including but not limited to emails) sent by you in connection to the Website.
- Please let us know immediately by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org if any of these rules are broken by you or other users, or if you have any concerns about material posted to the Website.
- Using your access to the Website to send unsolicited bulk email or spam is forbidden.
- YoungMinds reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Website immediately at any time.
- If your access to the Website is terminated or suspended for any reason, you must not access the Website or any other YoungMinds website without our prior consent.
GUIDELINES FOR SOCIAL MEDIA
- Our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram) are a way for you to share your views about children and young people’s mental health.
- Social media is public so please do not post anything you’re not comfortable sharing with a wide audience. What you write could potentially be read by anyone, for years to come. The same applies to photos.
- We may have to delete some comments on our social media if they break our house rules, or to keep you safe.
- We don’t provide direct support or advice on any social media platform – and if you mention that you or someone you know is at risk, we will pass these details to people who can help.
- We receive a lot of requests to post information about projects and events. Sadly, we can’t post them on our social media unless YoungMinds or one of our partners is directly involved.
Think before you post
Social media is public. Sharing information on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube is like having a conversation in public – so please think before you post. It is also a good idea to check your own media settings, make sure your social networking profile is set to private or friends only. You should also know how to block someone on a social networking site and if necessary report them.
If you say anything to us on any social media platform that suggests you or any other person is at any risk of harm, and we see it, we will have to pass it on to someone who can help.
This includes if you mention:
- feeling suicidal
- domestic violence
If you talk about these things, our helpline might contact you directly – or we might need to contact someone else to help keep you safe. This can include the emergency services or other people who can help you.
We will delete comments on our social media posts that could upset other people visiting the page. This includes:
- suicidal messages
- comments about harming (or wanting to harm) other people
- insults or threats
- bullying or aggressive behaviour
- racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic or other discriminatory remarks
- if you link to something inappropriate.
The following material is not allowed on the YoungMinds social media pages and will be removed if posted:
- Anything that may in any way breach any law.
- Unlawful, fraudulent, abusive, derogatory, libellous, deceptive, inaccurate or defamatory statements, spam or attacks that will or are likely to harm, harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person, whether towards Young Minds, other posters or any other person or organisation.
- Impersonating any person or misrepresenting your identity or affiliation with any person (including implying that such content emanates from us, if this is not the case).
- Content posted in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, including a contractual duty or duty of confidence.
- Anything that conflicts with our objectives and/or standards below.
- Any material that contains viruses or any other harmful programs or similar code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
We may update these House rules at any time. You are expected to check this page to take notice of any changes we make, as you are legally bound by them.
We also encourage you to let us know if any of the content or comments on our pages violates the social media platform’s Terms and Conditions. Any specific queries related to the social media platform’s Terms and Conditions should be raised with the platform directly.
All posts on the YoungMinds social media sites must be accurate when stating facts and comply with all applicable laws, both in the UK and in any country from which they are posted. We will also delete posts that advertise commercial products that are not related to YoungMinds.
Please note that copies of every posting on the YoungMinds social media sites, including responses made, are public. Comments and posts made on the Young Minds social media sites, including those removed and any response made, may be held in off-line files. Information posted here may be passed to relevant authorities and organisations, whether by YoungMinds, or other readers of the page. We may use comments and posts on YoungMinds social media sites for marketing purposes.
Please also note that we have no obligation to monitor, moderate or oversee any interactive features we provide on the YoungMinds social media sites. We hereby expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive features by a user in contravention of our standards, whether the features and any content therein are moderated or not.
YoungMinds is a registered charity in England and Wales (number 1016968) and Scotland (number SC39700) and a company limited by guarantee registered in England No 2780643 at YoungMinds, Suite 11, Baden Place, Crosby Row, London SE1 1YW.