YoungMinds with Schools
YoungMinds can help you build the skills you need in order to nurture the wellbeing and mental health of the children and young people within your school, supporting you in addressing the stress and strains of school life often felt by students.
With over 10 years’ experience of supporting schools, we can help you address your concerns about pupils’ behaviour, emotional wellbeing or mental health and enable improved academic attainment, resilience, positive behaviour and attendance.
We offer a range of courses to support emotional wellbeing in schools, designed specifically for education professionals. All our trainers are experts in the field of emotional wellbeing in schools and highly experienced in delivering continuing professional development.
Courses take place at our London Bridge office, Birmingham, Cardiff and Leeds, or in-house as commissioned training. Examples include:
- Self Harm
- Promoting Positive Mental Health in Primary and Early Years Settings
- Teens, Turmoil and Transition: Mental Health in Adolescence
- Technology, Teenagers and Mental Health
Whole School Approach
We help develop whole school approaches to identify risk earlier and build resilience in order to close the attainment gap.
- Develop strategies to achieve academic resilience- helping young people attain against the odds
- Effectively assess the mental health needs of their students
- Plan a comprehensive approach to address those needs in the curriculum, across the whole school and using external services
- Support Head teachers, SENCOs and the leadership team in sourcing evidence based external support
Learning and Achievements from YoungMinds in Schools
Our YoungMinds in Schools project supported the wellbeing of children and young people in schools.
This section provides materials on a broad range of issues related to whole school emotional wellbeing.