About this course
This introductory course will improve your knowledge of participation and help you understand how it applies to young people in the mental health system.
- Course: Creating a participation strategy and evaluation framework
- Length: 10:00am - 1.30pm
- Suitable for: Professionals from the mental health or community health sector with a responsibility to integrate participation into their work who might not yet feel fully empowered to develop participation opportunities.
- The course is also suitable for young people who want to develop more skills and understanding about participation.
Meaningful participation also helps young people understand that their views matter, which is known to aid their recovery.
What you will learn
By the end of the course, you’ll:
- understand key terms and definitions associated with participation
- understand the different levels and dimensions of participation
- know the benefits of participation for different stakeholders
- understand the benefits of participation for young people, parents and carers and the mental health system
- identify opportunities for developing participation to improve experience
- make an individual commitment to improving participation in your workplace
Why take the course?
- Offering genuine opportunities for children and young people to have their say in the care and treatment they receive, and participate in the design of mental health services, can ensure they reflect young people’s needs and have a stronger impact.
- Meaningful participation also helps young people understand that their views matter, which is known to aid their recovery.