- Suitable for:
- Any adult working with young people who wants to reflect on their current practice and develop skills to enhance their relationships.
- Available course dates:
- 06 December 2023
- 06 February 2024
- 10 April 2024
- Five hours and 30 minutes
About this course
Content warning: Please note that this practical skills course includes looking at interactions with young people who are in crisis and distress, so will include some discussions around the areas of self-harm and suicide.
This course explores practical ways to support children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing.
This workshop will run from 9:30am – 3pm with breaks.
Why take this course?
- To explore practical ways to support children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing, from everyday interactions to crisis support.
- To reflect on your current practice and develop skills to enhance your relationships with young people.
- Our online workshops are delivered via Zoom and are an interactive and collaborative experience.
- With two trainer consultants available in each workshop, we can effectively facilitate discussion and provide a safe learning space for you to feel empowered to make a difference for children and young people.
- The online environment allows for individual exploration of key dynamics encountered in the work with young people and the formulation of best practice within your role.
During the course we'll:
- understand the importance of trusted adult relationships in supporting young people’s mental health
- explore practical ideas to help embed mental health support in our work with young people, from everyday interactions to crisis support
- share and develop best practice, including tools to use with young people and where to look for sources of support
- reflect on your current practice and develop skills to enhance your relationships with young people, exploring practical self-care strategies that help to sustain our role as a trusted adult
After taking part in the course you can receive a digital certificate of attendance upon request.