About this course
Content warning: Please note that this practical skills course includes looking at interactions with young people who are in crisis and distress, so will include some discussions around the areas of self-harm and suicide.
This course explores practical ways to support children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing, from everyday interactions to crisis support. It encourages adults working with young people to reflect on their current practice and develop skills to enhance their relationships.
- Our online workshops are delivered via Zoom and are an interactive and collaborative experience.
- With two trainer consultants available in each workshop, we can effectively facilitate discussion and provide a safe learning space for you to feel empowered to make a difference for children and young people.
- The online environment allows for individual exploration of key dynamics encountered in the work with young people and the formulation of best practice within your role.
- Length: 9:30am – 3pm with breaks
- Suitable for: Any adult working with young people who wants to reflect on their current practice and develop skills to enhance their relationships.
- Price: £200.00 + VAT: £40.00
- 12 OCT '22 Online Workshop - Online - 12 October - Five hours and 30 minutes - 20 spaces remaining
What you will learn
During the course we'll:
- understand the importance of trusted adult relationships in supporting young people’s mental health
- explore practical ideas to help embed mental health support in our work with young people
- share and develop best practice, including tools to use with young people and where to look for sources of support
- explore practical self-care strategies that help to sustain our role as a trusted adult
Why take the course?
- To explore practical ways to support children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing, from everyday interactions to crisis support.
- To reflect on your current practice and develop skills to enhance your relationships with young people.
- After taking part in the course you will receive a digital certificate of attendance.