We are experiencing a high demand to all our Parent Helpline services at the moment and are doing our best to respond as quickly as we can. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
In the meantime, you may like to look at our Parents Guide to Support A-Z, where you can read and download resources covering a number of mental health topics and concerns.
Call our Parents Helpline for detailed advice, emotional support and signposting about a child or young person up to the age of 25.
You can call us for free on 0808 802 5544 from 9:30am - 4pm, Monday - Friday.
- Our Parents Helpline is available in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- You’ll get through to a trained adviser who will listen and talk through your concerns in complete confidence.
- Your adviser will help you to understand your child’s behaviour and give you practical advice on what to do next.
- If you need further help, they’ll arrange for one of our qualified mental health professionals to call you for a 50-minute telephone consultation within seven days.
- Please note, calls may be recorded for monitoring or training purposes.
- Hard of hearing or speech-impaired? Please use Typetalk or Textdirect to contact us, or use our Parents Webchat.
- If English is not your first language, we can arrange for an interpreter as a member of LanguageLine.
Parents webchat service
Our Parents webchat is open 9:30am - 4pm, Monday - Friday.
Our Parents webchat and email service provides information and signposting to help parents and carers find the information they are looking for with regards to their child's mental health.
Once you are connected, a webchat adviser will direct you to information on our website or signpost you to other organisations that can offer further support. The conversation will last around ten minutes.
Following your chat you will have the option to receive the transcript of your conversation by email.
Parents email service
We have temporarily closed our email service due to receiving an unprecedented demand of requests and we're working hard to respond as quickly as we can. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
If you are worried about a child or young person, use our parents email service to receive practical advice, signposts to places where you can find help and resources providing more detailed information.
Our webchat service operates between 9:30am - 4pm Monday to Fridays, where you will be able to speak to one of our trained helpline advisers.
Outside of these hours, if you contact us between 4pm - 9:30am Monday to Friday, or over the weekend, you can submit an email request. We would kindly ask that anyone who emails our service to expect a tailored response within 3-5 working days.
Please note that the webchat and email service is unable to provide:
- Specific clinical advice around managing your child's symptoms and behaviour, or a diagnosis
- A listening or counselling service
- Guidance around specific local support services, as we are a national service
- We are not a crisis service
Using our Parent Helpline Services
Friendly and Confidential
- We know it’s difficult to call the first time – but don’t worry. Your conversation with us will remain confidential unless we suspect that a child, young person or vulnerable adult may be experiencing, or is at risk of experiencing harm.
- Rest assured, if we need to share any information with anyone outside of YoungMinds, we will inform you first, unless there is immediate risk to life that requires very quick action. More information about our Safeguarding Policy can be found here.
- We will keep a record of your call on a secure and confidential database and this will help if you need to call us again.
Accessibility and languages
- Hard of hearing or speech-impaired? Please use Typetalk or Textdirect to contact us on the Parents Helpline, or use our Parents Webchat.
- Language issues? If English is not your first language, we can arrange for an interpreter as a member of LanguageLine.