- Suitable for:
- Practitioners working in supportive roles with children and young people.
- Available course dates:
- 27 February 2024
- 22 March 2024
- 25 April 2024
- Three hours and 30 minutes
About this course
This foundation level course will help you understand why resilience matters and how to develop it in children and young people and the systems around them. You’ll have the opportunity to reflect, build upon current practice and develop new skills to better support children and young people.
The workshop will run 10am – 1:30pm with breaks.
Why take this course?
- Over the past couple of years, many young people have had to adjust to the dramatic changes in their education, employment, routines and home life, due to the pandemic and the cost-of-living crisis. Being able to cope with uncertainty is at the heart of resilience.
- This course will enable you to play a vital role in developing children and young people’s resilience and help to prevent their needs from escalating.
- Our online workshops are delivered via Zoom and are an interactive and collaborative experience.
- With two trainer consultants available in each workshop, we can effectively facilitate discussion and provide a safe learning space for you to feel empowered to make a difference for children and young people.
- The online environment allows for individual exploration of key dynamics encountered in the work with young people and the formulation of best practice within your role.
During the course we'll:
- develop a shared understanding of resilience in relation to coping and overcoming risk factors and adversity
- develop an understanding of ways in which we can build the resilience of children and young people, as well as those around them
- consider the role of a trusted adult in building resilience
- explore a systemic approach to building resilience
- identify ways to build the resilience of those around the child or young person
After taking part in the course you can receive a digital certificate of attendance upon request.
Very informative and insightful course. The trainers had a lot of experience and I came away with a new perspective.