About this course
- This foundation level course will help you understand why resilience matters and how to develop it in children and young people and the systems around them. You’ll have the opportunity to reflect, build upon current practice and develop new skills to better support children and young people.
- This online workshop is delivered via Zoom and is an interactive and collaborative experience. With two trainer consultants available in each workshop, we can effectively facilitate discussion and provide a safe learning space for you to feel empowered to make a difference for children and young people.
- Attendees will be sent joining instructions via email a week before the training takes place.
- Online workshop: Building resilience
- Length: 10am – 1:30pm with a break
- Suitable for: Practitioners working in supportive roles with children and young people
- Price: £135.00 + VAT: £27.00
- 08 FEB '22 Online Workshop - Online - 08 February - Three hours and 30 minutes - 1 spaces remaining
I enjoyed the interaction techniques used via Zoom, actually preferred this to face to face training, felt more confident to engage
What you will learn
During the course we'll:
- develop a shared understanding of resilience in relation to coping and overcoming risk factors and adversity
- develop an understanding of ways in which we can build the resilience of children and young people, as well as those around them
- consider the role of a trusted adult in building resilience
- explore a systemic approach to building resilience
- identify ways to build the resilience of those around the child or young person
Why take the course?
- Over the past year, many young people have had to adjust to the dramatic changes in their education, employment, routines and home life. Being able to cope with uncertainty is at the heart of resilience.
- This course will enable you to play a vital role in developing children and young people’s resilience and help to prevent their needs from escalating.