About this course
- This introductory course will help you to develop and practise new skills that will enable you to better support the young people you work with.
- This online workshop is delivered via Zoom and is an interactive and collaborative experience. With two trainer consultants available in each workshop, we can effectively facilitate discussion and provide a safe learning space for you to feel empowered to make a difference for children and young people.
- Attendees will be sent joining instructions via email a week before the training takes place.
- Online workshop: Introduction to adolescent mental health
- Length: 10am -1:30pm with breaks
- Suitable for: Anyone who works in a supportive role with children and young people and has an interest in child mental health
- Price: £135.00 + VAT: £27.00
- 16 FEB '22 Online Workshop - Online - 16 February - Three hours and 30 minutes - 20 spaces remaining
This course will help you better understand the mental health of the adolescents you work with and will give you the confidence to respond in a way that’s best for them
What you will learn
During the course we’ll:
- Develop a shared understanding of mental health in the context of adolescence
- Explore the developmental processes and changes in relationships that take place during adolescence
- Identify ways of supporting young people to navigate the challenges they face
- Consider how trusted adults can promote positive mental health and model ways to support wellbeing
Why take the course?
- Covid-19 has had a devastating impact on adolescent mental health. According to our survey, school disruption, a lack of social contact with peers and concerns around their own and their families’ health were factors that contributed to 80% of young people reporting that their mental health had got worse.
- This course will help you better understand the mental health of the adolescents you work with and will give you the confidence to respond in a way that’s best for them.