About this course
- This introductory course is for anyone working with children aged 3–11 years and will give you the opportunity to reflect on current practice and build new knowledge and skills to better support children and young people.
- This online workshop is delivered via Zoom and is an interactive and collaborative experience. With two trainer consultants available in each workshop, we can effectively facilitate discussion and provide a safe learning space for you to feel empowered to make a difference for children and young people.
- The online environment allows for individual exploration of key dynamics encountered in the work with young people and the formulation of best practice within your role.
- Online workshop: Introduction to mental health in younger years
- Length: 10am – 1:30pm with a break
- Suitable for: anyone who works in a supportive role with children aged 3-11 years old and has an interest in child mental health
- Price: £135.00 + VAT: £27.00
- 14 JUL '22 Online Workshop - Online - 14 July - Three hours and 30 minutes - 19 spaces remaining
- 18 OCT '22 Online Workshop - Online - 18 October - Three hours and 30 minutes - 20 spaces remaining
This course will help you better understand the mental health of children you work with and will give you the confidence to respond in a way that’s best for them
What you will learn
During the course we'll:
- Develop a shared understanding of mental health in the younger years
- Develop an understanding of the risk and protective factors that impact children and young people
- Consider how trusted adults can support children and young people’s mental health
- Explore ways to promote positive mental health within our settings
- Recognise the importance of looking after our own wellbeing
Why take the course?
- Covid-19 has had a devastating impact on children and young people’s mental health. According to our survey of over 2,000 young people, 80% said that their mental health had got worse as a result of the pandemic. The adults around young people can play a huge part in supporting their mental health and stopping their needs from escalating further.
- This course will help you better understand the mental health of children you work with and will give you the confidence to respond in a way that’s best for them.
- After taking part in the course you will receive a digital certificate of attendance.