About this course
- This introductory course will help you to explore different types of anxiety, how they might affect young people and recognise useful responses to support young people coping with anxiety and stress as they grow up.
- This online workshop is delivered via Zoom and is an interactive and collaborative experience. With two trainer consultants available in each workshop, we can effectively facilitate discussion and provide a safe learning space for you to feel empowered to make a difference for children and young people.
- This course is CPD accredited by the CPD Certification Service.
- Online workshop: Responding to anxiety in children and young people
- Length: 10am -1:30pm with breaks
- Suitable for: Anyone who works in a supportive role with children and young people and has an interest in child mental health
- Price: £135.00 + VAT: £27.00
- 05 JUL '22 Online Workshop - Online - 05 July - Three hours and 30 minutes - 20 spaces remaining
This course will help you to understand anxiety and how to help young people who experience it.
What you will learn
During this course we will:
- develop a shared understanding of mental health and anxiety
- understand the causes of anxiety and the possible resulting symptoms and behaviours
- develop strategies and ways of communicating with young people to support them to manage their anxiety
- recognise the importance of looking after ourselves
Why take the course?
- Many young people will have experienced anxiety directly due to Covid-19. The adults in young people’s lives are critical in helping them cope when they’re struggling, so it’s vital to understand how to support those who experience anxiety.
- This course will enable you to explore different types of anxiety, how they might affect children and young people and explore useful responses to support young people coping with anxiety and stress as they grow up.
- This course is CPD accredited by the CPD Certification Service. After taking part in the course you will receive a digital certificate of attendance.