About this course
- This foundational course will support you to understand children and young people’s mental health. It explores the importance of relationships in developing protective factors that promote positive mental health, and presents an opportunity to develop individual practice.
- This online workshop is delivered via Zoom and is an interactive and collaborative experience. With two trainer consultants available in each workshop, we can effectively facilitate discussion and provide a safe learning space for you to feel empowered to make a difference for children and young people.
- The online environment allows for individual exploration of key dynamics encountered in the work with young people and the formulation of best practice within your role.
- Online workshop: Understanding children and young people’s mental health
- Length: 10am – 1:30pm with a break
- Suitable for: Anybody working with children and young people but not for those who are already working within the mental health system.
- Price: £135.00 + VAT: £27.00
- 4 OCT '22 Online Workshop - Online - 04 October - Three hours and 30 minutes - 20 spaces remaining
This course will help you better understand the mental health of the young people you work with.
What you will learn
During the course we'll:
- develop a shared understanding of the complex interaction of factors which impact the mental health of young people
- explore what it means to be a trusted adult
- explore the potential impact of stigma and discrimination
- recognise the importance of self-care in sustaining your role as a trusted adult
Why take the course?
- Covid-19 has had a devastating impact on children and young people’s mental health. According to our survey of over 2,000 young people, 80% said that their mental health had got worse as a result of the pandemic. The adults around young people can play a huge part in supporting their mental health and stopping their needs from escalating further.
- To help understand children and young people's mental health
- To explore the importance of relationships in developing protective factors that promote positive mental health.
- After taking part in the course you will receive a digital certificate of attendance.