Sorry, this course is currently unavailable
Unfortunately this course is fully booked. We add new dates to courses regularly, so please do check back soon.
In the meantime, take a look at some of the other courses we have available.
About this course
This foundational course will support you to understand children and young people’s mental health.
This workshop will run from 10am – 1:30pm with a break.
Why take this course?
- The adults around young people can play a huge part in supporting their mental health and stopping their needs from escalating further.
- This course will help you to understand children and young people's mental health and explore the importance of relationships in developing protective factors that promote positive mental health.
- This online workshop is delivered via Zoom and is an interactive and collaborative experience. With two trainer consultants available in each workshop, we can effectively facilitate discussion and provide a safe learning space for you to feel empowered to make a difference for children and young people.
- The online environment allows for individual exploration of key dynamics encountered in the work with young people and the formulation of best practice within your role.
During the course we'll:
- develop a shared understanding of the complex interaction of factors which impact the mental health of young people
- explore what it means to be a trusted adult
- explore the potential impact of stigma and discrimination
- recognise the importance of self-care in sustaining your role as a trusted adult
After taking part in the course you can receive a digital certificate of attendance upon request.