The change we want to see
We know there is so much that needs to change to create a future where no young person feels alone with their mental health. Here are some of the things that we’re fighting for.
- We're fighting for all young people to be able to get the mental health support they need from the NHS without a long wait.
- We're fighting for schools to focus more on mental health, with less pressure on academic achievement.
- We're fighting for there to be somewhere in every local community that a young person can go for early support when they first need it.
- We're fighting for the Government to recognise and address the big societal issues that are leading to rising mental health problems in young people.
- We're fighting for the online world to be a safer, kinder place for young people to spend time.
There are a lot of changes happening in government. What hasn’t changed is our fight to end the mental health crisis for young people.
For years, politicians have promised to end the crisis in young people’s mental health. But the reality is that with every month of inaction, things are getting worse.
Join us in calling for the government to #EndTheWait and deliver on its promise to end the crisis in young people’s mental health.
Join the YoungMinds Writers Programme
The Writers Programme is a new year-long programme offering a group of young people with experience of mental health problems the training and support to share their stories and help influence change through their writing.
By taking part in the Writers Programme, you'll receive support to share your story and speak directly to young people across the country through your writing. This is a great opportunity to make a difference and help build a future in which no young person feels alone with their mental health.
So, if you’re passionate about mental health, you love writing and you want to make a difference to the lives of other young people struggling with their mental health, apply now.